This program recognizes individuals in the Boulder Valley School District (BVSD) who have an extraordinary impact on student learning through exceptional: teaching skills, job dedication, volunteering, and/or leadership. Classroom teachers, specialists, administrators, classified employees, and volunteers are eligible for nomination. Previous Impact Award recipients are not eligible for nomination.Click here to see a complete list of previous Impact Award recipients, also known as our Honor Roll.
Our community is invited to nominate online throughout the month of October. By mid November community members volunteer to “blind read” and score nominations. The top scoring nominations will be notified of their status as Impact Awards Finalists and invited to interview with our Impact Awards Committee. In January, Impact Awards Recipients will be announced. All nominees, finalists, and recipients will be honored at the 20th Annual Impact Awards Celebration in March 2013. Click here for more information and FAQ’s.
2013 Impact Award Recipients
- Russ Lucero BVSD Bus Driver
- Wendy Pearson Arapahoe Ridge High School Teen Parent Program Director
- Kurt Schaefer Peak to Peak High School Science Teacher
- Stephanie Van Horn Douglass Elementary 3rd Grade Teacher
- John Williams Boulder High School Social Studies Teacher
2013 Impact Award Finalists
- Christian Adams Broomfield Heights Middle School Affective Needs Teacher
- Elizabeth Burrows Summit Middle Charter School Counselor
- Ben Johnson Manhattan Middle School Music Teacher
- Holly Saltz Ryan Elementary 5th Grade Teacher
- Tanya Santee Platt and CHOICE Middle School Assistant Principal
Timeline for the 2013 Impact Awards:
October 1 -November 1, 2012 Online Nomination Period
November 9 - 19, 2012 Online Nomination Evaluation Period
January 14 & 15, 2013 Impact Award Finalists Interviews
January 18, 2013 Impact Award Recipients Announced
March 6, 2013 Impact Awards Celebration at the historic Boulder Theater
Enjoy photos and videos from current and past events!